I’m giving you a bit a of a different twist on the listening assignment today. As has been demonstrated, I don’t know everything about rock and roll and certainly not about music in general. You all are capable of finding artists and performances that illustrate the points we’ve made in class just as much as I am. So this time you are going to be responsible for finding interesting songs and video.
You need to find things for me to listen to. Functionally you’re going to provide the soundtrack for my weekend as you send me links.
Here are the rules:
- Stick to the 50’s and early 60’s. Any recording made from 1950-1963 is fair game. Nothing from outside those years.
- Find a (1) piece that illustrates something we’ve mentioned in the past week.
- Integration of different musical styles
- Changes in fashion
- Interesting or powerful modes of performance/portrayal
- Lyrics of a particular style or mix of styles
- Interesting uses of technology (audio or visual)
- Post links to your interesting video or audio in the comments section of this blog post.
- They should look like this: Your Name – Name of Song – Name of Artist – Link
- No Repeats. Look at the comments to see what’s already been posted and find something different.
- Don’t choose any of the recordings I’ve posted or shown in class. Although other recordings by the same artists are fine.
- Everyone must post at least one song, but feel free to post more if you want
This isn’t a rule but I highly suggest you find songs and artists you actually enjoy.